Idea of openPASS
Have a look into the presentation of openPASS at EclipseCON 2021
The rise of advanced driver assistance systems and automated driving
systems leads to the need of virtual simulation to assess these
systems and their effects.
Main agreed target objective is to become a broadly accepted
effectiveness assessment platform for advanced driver assistance
systems and automated driving systems.
1. PCM Simulations: "Crash re-simulations"
- PCM of GIDAS: PreCrash Matrix from the database of the German
In-Depth Accident Study.
- Re-simulate real crashes from the past, but with cars having ADAS or
AD functions and assess if the tested technology would have improved
2. (Traffic-)scenario based simulations
- This is the most common use-case for openPASS.
- Enables simulation of whole traffic scenarios. That includes
stochastic variation of those scenarios, intervention through
detection of events and triggered actions and much more.
- To get a better understanding about how these simulations are
performed, please look at the scenario-based simulation tutorial.